1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Sound of "splashing a water in half-full big bottle"

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by dima, May 15, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. dima

dima New Member

I have question about my Chevy Tahoe '12 LT.

Couple of days ago we had a huge rain. Next day, when I was driving, I was able to hear a clear sound similar to "splashing a water in half-full big bottle". I stopped and went around the car. On right side, right between front and back passenger's doors, there was a steady leak of water. I have checked inside the cabin for any water and found none. No smell either.

Anyone have any ideas what I am dealing with? Thank you.

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Maybe a body drain hole is clogged so the water isn't draining out right.

3. dima

dima New Member

oook... I'll check that tonight... thank you, Conlan Rose.
    :great:

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There should be drains on each side of the cowl grill, below the wipers. You should be able to see them when you pop the hood. (at least you can on my 2005). Does is have a sun roof? there are drain tubes that run down from the front corners of the track area, down the "A" pillar and out by the bottom of the door up near the hinge .

5. dima

dima New Member

Re: Pikey

It does have sun-roof. The sound was coming from back right-side of the car. I'll check tonight for your suggestions. Thank you.

:great:

6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I'm thinking a drain hole in the right rear door, letting the door fill with water.

7. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree with RayVoy...I've had that happen to me after heavy rain, when the truck was parked. Water was trapped in the bottom of one of my doors...drain hole clogged!

8. dima

dima New Member

Hi guys,
    I have checked all doors found no holes or drains in them. Also, no holes or drains in steps. I have checked the sun-roof. And there two drain holes.
    I'll check with dealer tonight and I'll let you know.
    Thanks.