Sound of Water running under the dash

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by RedHoe01, Apr 9, 2008.

1. RedHoe01

RedHoe01 Rockstar

Hey guys, I hope I am not wearing out my welcome with my second tech question. If anyone can help, I sometimes hear water (or some kind of fluid) that sounds like its slushing around under the dash. I have no in cabin drips or leaks. Not sure what it is and its not all the time. Any ideas?

2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had the same sound in my Suburban it turned out to be the leak detection fluid from the AC.:neutral:

3. RedHoe01

RedHoe01 Rockstar

Man, I have never heard of leak detection fluid. How did you fix it?

4. Davandy

I've had the AC drained and refilled with new Freon.
    They put the leak detection fluid in when I had a leak then they can see the leak with a black light but I think they had put too much in it.:whip:

5. RedHoe01

RedHoe01 Rockstar

Thanks for the info. I will have to get that checked out. Love the conversion van by the way. How are you liking it?

6. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Your NOT wearing out your welcome trust me if that was case I would have been banned long ago LOL

More questions you have the better thats why we are all here for :)
    Good luck on getting that issue fixed

7. Davandy

I like it a lot, it drives great with a lot of comfort the MPG is 14 I wish that one was better but you can't have everything :biggrin:

8. RedHoe01

RedHoe01 Rockstar

Thanks TahoeFever, I appreciate that. Believe me, I will have more questions. I am just now getting to the upgrades stage so you know how that goes.

9. RedHoe01

RedHoe01 Rockstar

14 for all that room. I should have got one of those. I am getting 15.5ish mpg and I drive 40 miles each way to work and have alot less room. YOu probably have the 5.3 right?

10. Davandy

No I have the 5.7 Vortec without modification, maybe my foot isn't so heavy :rofl: