1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sounds like my suburban is about to take off

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by willbradfan, Jul 13, 2009.

1. willbradfan

willbradfan New Member

So just in the past week my suburban has began to constantly sound like im about to take off like an airplane every time i punch the gas on the highway. At first I thought it was just a bad fan-clutch so i replaced that today and I am clueless on what is causing the loud roaring, as I still have the loud roaring even after replacing the fan clutch. Any ideas on where to look next to find what is causing the roaring? Could it possibly be something seizing up and causing extra work on the engine? I am leaving for Nebraska next week so I am trying to get this fixed so i dont have to worry about something happening while i am taking the suburban on a trip.
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

My burb was doing the same thing and it was the fan clutch. Hmmm.....If the transmission is slipping you might get a noise while rev'ing the engine. To eliminate fan noise I would try removing the fan off and take a short drive to see if the noise goes away. Mysterious.....
  3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

idk if its normal, because when my fan comes on it sounds like a jet, or vacuum cleaner and theres nothing wrong..

with efans you dont here this noise.
  4. willbradfan

willbradfan New Member

I am tempted to switch over to efans to free up some more power and reduce the strain on the engine along with the amount of noise that comes from having a mechanical fan. I was looking at the radiator yesterday and I think i fit 2 efans on the radiator. Would 1 efan be sufficient enough to cool the suburban?