1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Source for HID light conversion?

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by GSPKurt, May 8, 2010.

1. GSPKurt

GSPKurt Rockstar

Does anyone have a source for an HID conversion? I have a 2010 Silverado. What color temp did you get? Are you happy with it? Did you get low/high or just low or just high beams?

Thanks...:glasses:
  2. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

i got the 8000k from DDM tuning and i am very happy with them, they were less than $50 shipped and very easy to install. I just got the low beams and i see no reason to get the high beams because the lows are plenty bring enough.
  3. GSPKurt

GSPKurt Rockstar

Awesome! Thanks!:great:
  4. 4DGS

4DGS New Member

I work in a custom shop and work with mainly imports. (I'm a nissan leg humper)

I personally hate 8k and think they look like rice. But that is just my opinion, some people love the blue tint to their headlights and that's what they like.

I would never install anything higher than 6k, I think 6k is the optimal medium between light output and a cool look.
  5. GSPKurt

GSPKurt Rockstar

I ordered a 6k hid kit from DDM tuning for my high beams. Did you guys pull the DRL fuse when using HID kits for the low beams?