1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

South Texas Oil Refinery Explosion

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Mar 27, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This was probably national news. There was a massive explosion at an oil and gasoline refinery plant in south texas. Texas City I think it where it was.

Sorry to say that several people died in the blast. Looks like gas prices will HAVE to go up becuase of it too.
  2. frito

frito New Member

I caught that on the news, it must have been a national story. Anything dealing with gasoline is a national story these days. especially when gas costs will go up as a result of it all.

sucks that people got killed just working at their jobs. :(
  3. Jimmy4X4

Jimmy4X4 New Member

I agree. I've worked in that type of plant before. They're giant complexes. I think that one in Texas City was over 1000 acres. My heart goes out to all of the family members and friends of those who died and are injured.
  4. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor

So far there doesn't seem to be a big impact from this. Does anyone from the area know anything about how long it will take to get back up and running?