Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Southern Comfort conversions

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by XS ive, Oct 8, 2009.

1. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi all. I am a newb in forums and also a new Silverado owner. I bought a 2008 CC LTZ Southern Comfort conversion. I have no idea what the conversion entails and am looking for information on same. I have a few questions. I tried the search button but didn't have much luck. SC went out of business about 3 months ago and the site is down as well.
    I am assuming it has 6" ProComp lift beacuse it has ProComp rims and tires.
    It also has a dual exhaust but I have no idea what brand?
    I am also curious if SC would have reflashed the ECU for the taller tires?
    Thanks in advance.
    Chas.

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

because you bought it that way, it was probably programmed to the larger tires. The southern comfort is mainly an appearance pacakage as far as I know - it would include your lift/wheels/tires, the 2-tone paint, and if you have any, some sort of interior upgrade or modification - such as carbon fiber dash trim, or 2-tone seats, etc. I know lots of these conversion companies seem to fly under the radar a bit and it can be extremely difficult to find information about them.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

S/C used both ProComp and Fabtech lifts. All there lifted trucks came with recalibrated ECMs. Look at the shocks closely and you should see a manufacture name stamped in the shock housing or a number. If its a number go to ProComp or Fabtech website and see if you can find the shock number there.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I forgot to mention on mylast post that S/C used in house made exhaust with usually a glass pack type muffler.

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club! :glasses:

I am an ex-Regency conversion owner, and mine had the Pro Comp 6" lift with Pro Comp tires. It also had two tone paint and two tone leather interior, that is a shame that Southern Comfort Conversions went out of business also. Regency also went under a while ago, that was one reason I got rid of mine because the warranty on my truck was void for all of the aftermarket stuff they put on. I would be curious if yours is still covered under warranty, at any rate hopefully you find our club is a real good time. :great:

6. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for he replies guys. The shocks I have are ProComp adjustables, so I'm guessing the lift is as well. I bought it certififed used(very little, and very clean) and dealer said they would stand behind truck as is with bumper to bumper warranty. I love my truck.:great: