Southern Comfort conversions

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by XS ive, Oct 8, 2009.

1. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi all. I am a newb in forums and also a new Silverado owner. I bought a 2008 CC LTZ Southern Comfort conversion. I have no idea what the conversion entails and am looking for information on same. I have a few questions. I tried the search button but didn't have much luck. SC went out of business about 3 months ago and the site is down as well.
    I am assuming it has 6" ProComp lift beacuse it has ProComp rims and tires.
    It also has a dual exhaust but I have no idea what brand?
    I am also curious if SC would have reflashed the ECU for the taller tires?
    Thanks in advance.
    Chas.

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

because you bought it that way, it was probably programmed to the larger tires. The southern comfort is mainly an appearance pacakage as far as I know - it would include your lift/wheels/tires, the 2-tone paint, and if you have any, some sort of interior upgrade or modification - such as carbon fiber dash trim, or 2-tone seats, etc. I know lots of these conversion companies seem to fly under the radar a bit and it can be extremely difficult to find information about them.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

S/C used both ProComp and Fabtech lifts. All there lifted trucks came with recalibrated ECMs. Look at the shocks closely and you should see a manufacture name stamped in the shock housing or a number. If its a number go to ProComp or Fabtech website and see if you can find the shock number there.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I forgot to mention on mylast post that S/C used in house made exhaust with usually a glass pack type muffler.

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club! :glasses:

I am an ex-Regency conversion owner, and mine had the Pro Comp 6" lift with Pro Comp tires. It also had two tone paint and two tone leather interior, that is a shame that Southern Comfort Conversions went out of business also. Regency also went under a while ago, that was one reason I got rid of mine because the warranty on my truck was void for all of the aftermarket stuff they put on. I would be curious if yours is still covered under warranty, at any rate hopefully you find our club is a real good time. :great:

6. XS ive

XS ive Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for he replies guys. The shocks I have are ProComp adjustables, so I'm guessing the lift is as well. I bought it certififed used(very little, and very clean) and dealer said they would stand behind truck as is with bumper to bumper warranty. I love my truck.:great: