Spare Tire bed carrier

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by TELORVEHC, Jun 10, 2011.

1. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

So, I got a flat tire today :grrrrrr: Thank God it was in the parking lot of an STS Tire & Auto Center. I tried to remove the spare tire from underneath the bed, but I was unable to remove it cuz the mechanism was rusted so bad. I'm gonna have the tire patched in the morning but I do want to move the spare tire from the underneath the bed to inside the bed. For easier access in the future. I found this but I'm not sure if it will be compatible with my BackRack http://www.jcwhitney.com/universal-spare-tire-mounting-kit-for-pickups/p2012147.jcwx

Any info/ suggestions on other in-bed spare carriers?
  2. I don't see why it wouldn't work with your BackRack. Looks like its adjust to fit along the bed rail in front or behind the wheel well.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member

That one should work ok, it'll mount at the front of the bed or the back.
    After you put your tire in a more accessable place dont forget to put either a lug lock or cable on it to keep jerk-offs from stealing it.
  4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

Yeah I'm gonna look into it some more, my only issue is that I'll lose bed space with my spare taking up one of the corners of the bed. I might just order a replacement stock spare tire holder.