1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

spare tire pole

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 9191gmc, Sep 23, 2009.

1. 9191gmc

9191gmc Rockstar

01 silvy long bed
    My rig doesnt have a pole to get the spare out from under the bed. I got a pipe here that fits and have ground this end on it. Doesnt work yet.
    Can someone look at there pole wrench for this model and show with measurements how it has to be to engage the up and down pulley on the thing. Here is what I have so far....
    Otherwise its stuck up there...

Attached Files:

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

it needs a longer angle, and it also needs to be tapered a bit.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you are using the wrong end. You need the square female end to slide in first to lower the tire.
  4. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi i could be wrong but dont you use the jack handle
  5. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I thought you were just suppose to use the jack handle too, but on my moms 02 silvy you have to remove that plug next to the license plate with the ignotion key and to lower it faster I put a flat drill bit into the drill and it lowers it REAL fast. Hope this helps.
  6. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi i would look in the owners manual. it will tell you what to use. ralph
  7. 9191gmc

9191gmc Rockstar

it was all broken up so I cut the cable and threw out the whole works. The spare can live in the bed.
  8. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

haha that sounds like it'll work fine.
  9. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

haha, thats awesome! sounds like something I'd do!