1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

spare tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by drwdominance, May 26, 2010.

1. drwdominance

drwdominance New Member

I have an 07 classic sierra. I put 305/55/20 on it. Has anyone here put either the same size as a spare underneath or at least put a spare that is the same height?
    I'm gonna start towing a 30ft camping trailer and would prefer to have a spare that is at least the same height as my regular tires just in case something were to happen.
  2. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member 100 Posts

If not how bout a tongue mount or up under the trailer?
  3. Corins

Corins New Member

When I bought my new tires I went from 265/70/17 (almost 32") to 285/75/17 (almost 34") I bought 5 so I would have a spare, I figured not much good to have a set of tires that if I end up with a flat I can't change.
  4. drwdominance

drwdominance New Member

Where did you put your spare though? Did it fit underneath the bed where the original is?
  5. Corins

Corins New Member

I never tried because the hoist for the under the bed mount was messed up, I just put it in the bed of the truck.
  6. snake_bite

snake_bite New Member

you can always take one of your wheels off the truck and try it.
  7. drwdominance

drwdominance New Member

HA. Good point. Never thought of doing something the easy way.
  8. armandjones82

armandjones82 New Member

If you guys want to find the right spare tire, or a good and durable GM Truck Parts for your truck, try to research around the marketplace or here in the internet. Finding the right one will really give you more time to evaluate what kind of spare tire or parts you need in case of emergency. In this way, you can less spend on your parts and have a long duration of your products as well as your truck!:)