1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

spare wheel

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by silverado joe, Feb 3, 2010.

1. silverado joe

silverado joe New Member

ok today i got my dual exhaust put on my truck and now my full size spare that is under the truck now does not fit back under the truck..is there any one that has had this problem and figured a way to store the tire? idk if there is something that would make the tire hang lower to clear the pipe or what? or am i just screwed and have to ride with out the spare

thanks
  2. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would not say it coud'nt be done but I do know that even the dealership does not have an option when you buy their OEM exhaust that exits in the rear. They sell a flat repair kit for the trucks that have rear exit exhaust. The kit has a mini compressor and fix-it kit.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The exhaust shop should have made the exhaust so the spare fits. I've seen hundreds of duals on pickups with the spare in the stock location. I'd go back and make them redo it.
  4. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

if those are custom bent pipes then get your ass back over to the shop and tell them your spare doesnt fit. if they dont redo it then i would raise hell. but you should have had your spare under the truck b4 they put the exhaust on. i took my truck to a muffler shop and they had custom bent pipes that go around my spare.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  5. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just informational. If it is a purchased dual exhaust many of the manufacturers specify the removal of the spare, even the chevy dealer does it, as I said. But, as everyone else here is saying, if they are custom bent they should have given you an option. Good Luck!
  6. silverado joe

silverado joe New Member

yeah i bought the gm performance dual system so the pipes were not custom bent. its kinda bs how a gm product cant be made to fit better. i guess my bad, should have done better research..on the upside it does sound good...thanks everyone
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just an FYI, the Gibson systems fit around the spare.:glasses:
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2...A local muffler shop bent the pipes around my spare.