Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Spark Plug Suggestions - 1998 GMC Sierra Z71.

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by countryboy73703, Aug 30, 2010.

1. countryboy73703

countryboy73703 Rockstar

so.. it's about that time to do a tune up, was wondering what some good plugs would be, and any suggestions, obviously they all do the same thing, just the material used varies, anywayz, was looking at some E3 diamonds, but not sure if they are worth the hassle and wait of ordering them off line v.s. just getting the oem ac-delco's that auto zone has... any in put is appreciated..

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Vortec Engines Perform & Run better......with A/C Delco Plugs......And with Wires going either with A/C Delco or Aftermarket wires,both will do the job.....the E-3 Plugs are not worth the $$$....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

x2 on the ac delco plugs. I am running Napa wires or you can get some Taylor wires from summitracing.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X3 on the A/C Delco's. I run MSD wires from Jegs.com

5. 01BlackBeauty

01BlackBeauty Member

I guess I'm the odd man out on this one. Michigan Tech's R&D department recently tested the E3 plugs and found the claims of more power and increased fuel mileage to be true. I replaced the AC Delco Platinum plugs I was running with the E3 plugs and picked up 1.5 mpg. Other benefits are a smoother idle and quicker acceleration (not as much pressure on the pedal to obtain same cruising speed). As far as not being worth the money...the AC Delco Platinum plugs were $6.49 ea and the E3 plugs were $5.99 ea. so they were actually cheaper.

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

My buddy ran them in his 5.7L V-8 and he had a random cyl misfire, after about 10K miles. The plugs were fouled up and no longer working. We put in a set of AC delcos (i dont run platinum plugs because i would rather change my plugs more often) and the random cyl misfire was gone.

7. MANBEARPIG

MANBEARPIG New Member

With 99.9% of my customers cars i run the factory plugs, my recommendation is ac delco. thats what you engine is designed to work with. Sometimes, the aftermarket plugs will preignite, run too hot, or cause other problems that arent worth the trouble.

8. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i have friends the run 1/8th mile race cars with 50k plus invested in chevy big blocks and the will ONLY run AC DELCO plugs.

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Just make sure that whatever plug you do decide on that you also replace your wires.

10. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i just did the plugs on my 4.8 and the retarded ass kid at auto zone tried telling me that gm runs autolites from the factory, and since they didnt have any ngks or ac delco double platinums instock i took the delco iridiums and ive noticed that it feels like a have miss at idle after i run my truck for 30 min or so. any ideas?