Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Spark plug wire retainers Chevy Small Block

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Crawdaddy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am looking for a set of spark plug wire retainers that hold the spark plug wires on top of the valve cover. I have a Chevy 350 small block with the 3 bolt valve covers. I've found retainers that index off the valve cover bolts, but still hold them on the side of the valve cover. Does anyone have any idea where I can get something like that. I know I've seen it in the past, but if it was custom or not, I don't know. I suppose I could make something myself.

2. Jamm3r

Jamm3r Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Dorman makes some that should work. Rock auto has them under "universal parts and tools" with photos.

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'll try to check those places. I should clarify this statement:

What I meant by this is a have found retainers that do this, but hold the spark plug wires on the side of the valve cover. I'm looking for retainers that will hold them high on top of the valve cover where they would be as far as humanly possible from the exhaust. I lost a transmission on this truck in the past due to the wires falling onto the exhaust, burning through causing me to lose 2 cylinders and cooking the tranny.