spark plugs for 4.8. will these work?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 07silverado07, Mar 25, 2010.

1. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member

will these spark plugs work/fit in my 2007 classic silverado with the 4.8 in it? please help
  2. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member

i forgot to put the part number sorry ACF-41-985 they are ACDelco
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

Yes they will work.....:great:...The Vortec Engines run Best with the A/C Delco Plugs,IMO
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  4. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member

thank you. been having trouble finding anyhtinf for my truck since its a half year model. ive been told everything off the 06 will interchange just wanted to make sure
  5. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member

got another crazy question whats the difference in the coils? on summit it shows two sets of plug wires, each for a different set of coils.... im lost lol
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

One side note on the plugs,is that the part number#,has changed on the plugs,from 41-985 to 41-110,They are the same plug,G.M. changed the part.number.....Just wanted to let you know.....:glasses:
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

What wires are you looking at.....Factory....if so the only difference in the A/C Delco Wires is the Length,one set is 9.2 long and the 2nd is 10.5.and they are both 7.00mm
    http://www.summitracing.com/search/...gine-Size/4-8L-294/?keyword=Spark Plug Wires
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  8. lawson4450

lawson4450 New Member

There are two different types of coils though I bought a set and turns out i have the other set lol. the difference is where the wire runs out of the coil pack.
  9. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member

yes thats the wires i was looking at. since every chevy dealorship close to me has closed up, i guess ill have to order them online. glad i found this forum yall guys are the best of help! :great::great::great:
  10. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

Just pull one of the Plugs Wires off your Engine and Measure it,then you'll know which length of plug wires to order....:glasses:
  11. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member

i'll do that. it looks like i have the short wires. i have the problem of messing up my plug wires when i pull the boot off the plug (just bad luck on my part i guess). is it ok to go with a an aftermarket set of wires, one with a lower resistance? i know these engines are picky about the plugs but are they also picky about the wires too?
  12. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member

lil help please efore i order something that wont be useful for me...
  13. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

You can go with Aftermarket Plug Wires,....Some of the ones to look at would be MSD,Taylor,JBA,Malloy.Most of the ones I just mentioned,will be 8mm to 9mm.I have been running with JBA's for a few years now.

As far as removing the Plugs Wires,you can pickup some Spark Plug Terminal Pliers,..Boot Puller's at most Auto parts Outlets.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  14. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member

aight ill give them a look too and thank you
  15. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member

I just completed my order with summit, was as much as i thought it would be. thank you for all your help:great::great::great:
  16. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

Your Welcome.....:glasses: