Spark plugs for a 2005 Tahoe

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bbmctahoe, Dec 7, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. bbmctahoe

bbmctahoe New Member

Please tell me the proper AC Delco spark plug for my 2005 Tahoe gas engine. It has about 92K miles on it so i expect it is about time to change them????? Thanks for your help.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016:to the Site......If you have the 4.8 or the 5.3 Liter,Then you would get the A/C Delco Iridium Plugs and they Should be Pre-gaped at 0.40,but Check to make sure.All so take a look at your Plug wire's.It may be time to replace them as well.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  3. bbmctahoe

bbmctahoe New Member

Thanks for the info. Is tehre a part or plug number?
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

5. bbmctahoe

bbmctahoe New Member

Thanks so much. The truck runs fine but has 92K miles on the plugs. Should I change them??
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

For me its tough question to answer,you are in a better position as to how your Tahoe is running....I changed mine Plugs at around the same mileage you have on your ride,along with a New set of Plug wires.
  7. bbmctahoe

bbmctahoe New Member

Thanks...I just like to be pro active. Any ideas about changing bkake pads??
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

On brakes...Are you having any Problems with them???..again you've got 92k on your Tahoe,It may be time for new pads.
  9. bbmctahoe

bbmctahoe New Member

No problem with current pads. Still have some life in them but want to change before it is critical to do so. Any threads/pictures on how to do it on a 2005 Tahoe? Thanks again so much for your help.

Where is the best place to buy the new plugs??
  10. 99'HEARTBEAT

On a early reply,summit has good prices or Local part houses...Auto zone etc.If you do a search at the top,there is may be a few threads on changing brake pads.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009