Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spark plugs needed to go!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by janikphoto, Dec 21, 2011.

1. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Look at the spark plug I pulled from my Burb... all eight looked this bad and one was even a different brand from the rest!

spark_plug_0026.jpg
  2. janikphoto

And, not sure how much they will help keep the heat away from the plug boots and plugs, but I bought these heat shields for the burb...

plug_boots.jpg
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Ouch. How many miles were on theses plugs?
  4. janikphoto

I've only had the chance to put about 8k miles on it so far, so I don't know. However, they look like they've been in there a while!
  5. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Go back with the OEM GM. There are good for at least 100K.
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

WOW!!! That is crazy, I would think that the one odd ball one that wasn't replaced was probably in a hard to reach place and they didn't want to be bothered with that. On a side not about the heat shields on the spark plugs, THEY WORK!!! I put them on my FIrebird with the LT1 in it, I had a major problem with the plug wires almost laying on the primaries so I saw those at JEG's and thought I'd give them a try. I have had them on since last summer, and they have still held up like brand new. You won't be dissapointed!
  7. janikphoto

I just ordered an AC Delco cap and rotor through amazon for $38 door to door... We'll see if my misfire in cyl two disappears.