1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Spark Plugs/Wires

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Metaluzc, Feb 20, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Just looking for opinions on which aftermarket spark plugs/wires would be best for improved performance; I've been looking at E3 plugs and NGK plugs mostly. What brands are viewed as the best: E3, NGK, AC Delco, Bosch, Intel, Champion? Any testimonials based on personal experience would help.

2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Ive always liked bosch plug wires and Bosch platinum 4 plugs. Never had any problems with them.

3. speedracer

speedracer Member

I took a different route and bought some plugs I've never tried and so far I like them. The Champion Platinums, I don't know anybody that has them installed but I gave it a shot. I myself like to run AC-Delco Platinums and have always run MSD wires because of the low resistance when compared to others. I think it a preference as to what you want. Like every other thing in life you get what you pay for.

4. Peckens

Peckens Member

i have ac delco iridiums, reason is because i herd vortecs "like" ac delco and also when u have iridium u are "supposed" to stay iridium

5. disturbedvn

disturbedvn New Member

ac delco iridiums, and MSD wire is the best way to go. AC's are a little expensive but i have always found them to perform the longest.

6. Uncle Ed

Uncle Ed New Member

The stock setup is just fine and aftermarket plugs and wires will offer hardly any noticeable improvement and many will degrade performance. GM motors really like AC plugs. Wires I use are stock OEM.

NGK should be okay for plugs as they supposedly made the OEM plugs.