1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spark plugs

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by CMDR BOB, Aug 31, 2013.

1. CMDR BOB

CMDR BOB New Member

I have a 1998 gmc k2500 , 7.4 l , best vehicle i have ever owned ( i'm 70 ) looking for advice on which spark plugs to use, leaning towards gm delco. Thank you
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Generally considered the best choice for that engine, despite many people screaming about oem parts the one fact they never think about when oem parts fail is how many miles did you get before failure? They normally just allow the fact it failed to influence their decision while many times the parts have served a fair amont of time/miles.
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke New Member

Stick with AC Delco, you don't need to change.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Agreed! Stick with the AC Delco that came in it. Now reason to switch to a "fancy" plug. I let the guys at autozone convince me one time to put autolite plugs in my 2002 5.3L silverado. It ran like crap, it idled rough. I left them in for a week. Then I could not stand it anymore. I put the ac delco in and it ran smoother than ever. I returned the autolite plugs and the guys at the counter looked at them, said that they looked fine. Nothing wrong with them. As I was talking to a manager another guy walked in to return his autolite plugs because he said that his sierra ran poorly after installing them. I am not saying that autolite are bad plugs. They just did not make my truck run well. Why not put what the manufacturer wanted back in.
  5. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

I agree with everyone else. They are good for 100,000 miles
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

Seems these run best with AC Delco. Just as a interesting side note. When I pulled my factory plugs to change out they had ac delco on one side and NGK on the other.
  7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Delco or NGK
  8. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

AC Delco plugs would be my choice. I'm big on OEM stuff as OEM stuff usually performs the best.
  9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

I put my plugs through 196,000 miles and replaced them with Delcos so I think the stock plugs do best.
  10. Jacqson

Jacqson Member

One more for AC Delco