1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spark plugs

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by CMDR BOB, Aug 31, 2013.

1. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

Little late to the shindig, but I agree with the other posters. AC Delco is my plug of choice. Always has been, always will be. I've owned my 98 Suburban since 2001 (bought with 50K) and now have 197K and still running good on AC Delcos. I've probably done 3-4 plug changes in the past 12+ years and everytime I've pulled them you can tell they were worn but they still had life in 'em. Greg
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Remember the hub bub about so called split fire plugs back in the 90s? I had them in a vehicle and someone asked me if a bigger spark was needed to ignite the fuel. Switched back to delco and never looked back.
  3. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

I remember them as well. Heck, they still have all kinds of split fire-type plugs today. 2, 3, even 4 electrodes... I've attempted to attach a pic but not sure if it will work.

[​IMG]
  4. estrom

estrom New Member

Just did the 100k tune up on our '96 suburban and put in AC Delco #41-993 plugs. Should be set for a long time.
  5. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

That's pretty low miles for a 1996. Is yours mostly a weekend truck or is it a daily driver? I've got a 98 with 197K and she's still running great.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Nice. What does a set cost these days anyhow?
  7. estrom

estrom New Member

We also have a '95 that has 196k on it now. We bought it when it had 95k miles. I looked for a long time for a replacement and found this '96 with 93k on it, so I'm basically turning back the clock and will get rid of the '95. We probably average 12k +/- per year.

- - - Updated - - -

You can find them online or on ebay for $40-$45 for a set.