Spark Plugs

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by quickzilverado, Apr 5, 2006.

1. quickzilverado

quickzilverado Rockstar

What kind of spark plugs do you all use?

I just installed new plugs monday and went for NGK TR55IX Iridiums....they seems to work alright, not much different than stock but still cost me 6.99 each!

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Mine are factory all the way. Not even at 100k yet so I haven't changed them.

3. quickzilverado

quickzilverado Rockstar

Well when I pulled mine out they said ACdelco on one side and NGK on the other haha what the heck.. (the plug itself had both ACdelco and NGK). I noticed my idle isnt as smooth with these plugs but my mid range power sure came back! My truck doesnt quite have 80K on it.

4. ChevyFan

At first I thought that you meant that one side of the engine had one type of plug and the other side had another. :) Someone was drinking early at the factory that day!

5. quickzilverado

quickzilverado Rockstar

hehe thats why i put "the plug itself" haha i knew i'd confuse you :p

6. ChevyFan

What's the deal with that? Are ACDelco and NGK together now?

7. quickzilverado

quickzilverado Rockstar

I have no idea, I just read that the Vortecs run great with either the OEM AC delco or the NGK plugs. So I went and bought the NGKs because they were cheaper (still turned out to be expensive because they were pretty much direct replacement for the OEM plugs)...but when I pulled the plugs out I saw the normal AC delco logo but on the direct opposite side of the plug it said NGK hahaha.....I'm sure NGK makes the plug but AC delco licenses it or some deal....

8. ChevyFan

Yeah, you can never really know these days. So many companies are buying other companies. Other companies are simply working together to pool resources, save on costs, etc.

Anyhow, you're happy with your ACDelco/NGK plugs? That's all that matters if the quality is good.