spark plugs????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by grubbs11, Jul 18, 2007.

Random Gallery Photos

1. grubbs11

grubbs11 New Member

where are the spark plugs??? and how extensive is it to change them. i also purchased the bosch platinum 2 that i wanted to replace. i have 116000 miles.
  2. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Somewhere between the valve cover and the engine block. Whatcha drivin'?
  3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I love some of the new questions lately.

The sparkplugs are in the engine block, just follow the plug wires.

It helps if we know what the truck is and what the engine is.

Fill in your signature card and next time we won’t have to ask stupid questions, to answer stupid questions.

PS

If you don’t know where the spark plug are maybe you shouldn’t be changing them.
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

There is no plug wires silly. You really are in pain. Go lay down, I got this one for ya.

You can change the plugs yourself fairly easy. The plugs are located on the top of the engine, and are recessed into the camshaft cover beneath the ducting for the air intake.
  5. grubbs11

grubbs11 New Member

u need to read cableguys reply, cause evidently u dont have a clue. i put the post under trailblazer/envoy go figure, and there again their were no plug wires. ohlet me think i wouldnt have put the post up if i could find the plug wires.
  6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Unfortunately many of these posts get picked up by people when they're viewed as "New Posts", so not everyone realizes that they are reading posts for the Trailblazer/Envoy section vs the Silverado/Sierra section.
    Not to mention there have been numerous times that someone has posted their question in the wrong place. So we cannot always assume that your vehicle is in fact similar to the sub-forum you posted in.

The easiest way to avoid any confusion is to post as much info about your vehicle as you can. We also suggest that you create a signature for yourself, this only takes a minute, and saves you the trouble of having to always type in your relevant vehicle info for any questions you may have.

As for Fiero, he's just mad because he's probably still shoveling snow from the winter. Don't mind him.:redface:
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  7. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Oh my lordy! :rofl:
  8. 84fiero123

No snow is finally gone, just been in a lot of pain lately, working on the Fiero brakes. Stupidest e brake system ever created by any engineer.

But I got to ask seeing I obviously have no knowledge about this vehicle and the guy refuses to post anymore info than he has already, like engine size, type, year.

So we are supposed to read his mind?

Sorry even a half dozen vicodin and laying on the floor for the day has done nothing as far as helping with the pain. I got to call my chiropractor.
  9. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Spark plug averse

I confess, I haven't changed a spark plug on anything that isn't garden equipment since my 85 TPI Camaro. Realized I couldn't reach the rear plugs and drove it to the shop. Just so much easier to pay the mechanic for that as part of an annual tune up. Bravo to those DIY's who still manage to tackle this on anything like the small block in a Camaro. Easiest plugs I ever changed regularly was a hemi head Toyota 2TC. I've been wanting to try the new Iridium tipped plugs like those from Denso, but I'll probably just buy a set and hand 'em to my mechanic.
    [​IMG]
  10. 84fiero123

85 Camaros if you are talking about the drivers side rear plug, remove front tire. Long extension with a swivel. There’s a flap. Not the easiest or the hardest but still a pain.