1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Speaker Box

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by bzboardco, Nov 13, 2008.

1. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

I was thinking of putting a downfire speaker box underneath my back seat. Anyone have any tips or ideas that may help in building my box?
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have seen more and more these days people putting "bed liner" ie linex or rhino lining ect on their sub boxes instead of carpet to make a "cleaner" sound i would reccomend it:happy:
  3. dutzowmo

dutzowmo Rockstar 100 Posts

For an extended cab pickup, a month ago I was able to build a 1.5 cu ft. box that fires a 10' sub upward. The sub is on the passenger side of the truck, and goes of the middle hump and the the port comes out on the driver side. The best thing was that I didn't do any mods to the seat and it still lays flat. I still have the dimensions of the box saved on the computer. If you are interested in the design I can also take pictures to.
  4. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a non ported set up two up firing 10s in .9 cubic feet inclosures that sounds awesome
    [​IMG]
    I am only able to squeeze 5''s of top mount depth on these boxes so if you want to use bigger subs or 12''s I would do it out of fiberglass which is my next project.
  5. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah thanks for the help I need all the help i can get. I have always ran wiring for systems but had the box made. This is my first box and think that this is a pretty complicated box for a first build:neutral:
  6. raisor87

check out fiberglassforums.com there are some very helpful threads there about box building. Good luck
  7. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

8. raisor87

how much did you pay for shipping
  9. raisor87

my total build cost for current setup just for wood, carpet, glue and spray adhesive was about $50 but it also depends on if you have the right equipment to build your box. I'm budgeting about $250 for my fiberglass box project, but thats still cheaper than a stealth box or paying someone else to build it
  10. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

didint have to pay for shipping