Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Speaker review

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Mean_Green_95, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, I just installed new 6.5's, 4x6's, and tweeters in my 2000 Sierra.

So far , I love them.
    Kenwood eXcelon KFC-ST30
    Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X462C
    Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X170

It didn't take too terribly long to install, I just had some minor problems with the amp I was going to use. The amp didn't have a low pass filter, so the door speakers were getting way to much bass. I just switched door and sub amps around and they sound crystal clear.

Attached Files:

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Niceeee. How do you like the sound of 'em compared to Alpine or Pioneer or w/e? also, where did you get your speakers from if you don't mind me asking?
  3. Mean_Green_95

I got them off eBay. I'm comfortable using eBay as long as the seller has better than 98% positive feedback.
    I've never heard first hand Alpines or Pioneers first hand, so I can't really compare. This is the second set of Kenwoods I've installed, the first being in a friend's Ranger, and I can't complain.
  4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks for the review, i'm in the market for some new speakers so i am learning all i can.
  5. Mean_Green_95

I'm extremely happy with the Kenwoods. They sounded perfect after a lil adjusting on the amp. But once i get a proper amp in there they are going to sound perfect.