Speaker review

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Mean_Green_95, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, I just installed new 6.5's, 4x6's, and tweeters in my 2000 Sierra.

So far , I love them.
    Kenwood eXcelon KFC-ST30
    Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X462C
    Kenwood eXcelon KFC-X170

It didn't take too terribly long to install, I just had some minor problems with the amp I was going to use. The amp didn't have a low pass filter, so the door speakers were getting way to much bass. I just switched door and sub amps around and they sound crystal clear.

Attached Files:

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Niceeee. How do you like the sound of 'em compared to Alpine or Pioneer or w/e? also, where did you get your speakers from if you don't mind me asking?

3. Mean_Green_95

I got them off eBay. I'm comfortable using eBay as long as the seller has better than 98% positive feedback.
    I've never heard first hand Alpines or Pioneers first hand, so I can't really compare. This is the second set of Kenwoods I've installed, the first being in a friend's Ranger, and I can't complain.

4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks for the review, i'm in the market for some new speakers so i am learning all i can.

5. Mean_Green_95

I'm extremely happy with the Kenwoods. They sounded perfect after a lil adjusting on the amp. But once i get a proper amp in there they are going to sound perfect.