speaker ?'s

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by capt sensible, Apr 24, 2009.

1. capt sensible

capt sensible Former Member

So what kind of speakers are stock in my '03 1500HD? I'm thinking about replacing them. Not to worried about upgrades, just want to replace with stock. My driver door speaker is just about gone, and my passenger door speaker "rattles" on sertain bass tones. Are they a pain in the ass to replace? Thanks.

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

No they are easy, just carefully remove the entire panel that covers your speaker in the door, at least thats all that had to be done on my brothers 01. Unless it says bose on your speaker cover they are ac/delco check ebay

3. capt sensible

right on, thanks man. do you know what the sizes are? thanks again.

4. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

They're 6.5 inch speakers front and rear. Theyre easy i just replaced mine with kickers and it took me maybe 45minutes to do all of them.

5. capt sensible

right on. what are kickers? i know, i'm lame.

6. capt sensible

if you don't mind me asking, blazerado, about how much did that set you back? thanks.

7. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

Believe it or not it only cost me $100 cause i caught this sale on this website i use. cardiscountstereos.com, kicker is one of the top rated audio companies out there.

8. Project1

Project1 Rockstar 100 Posts

kicker is a pretty awsume brand i got there 6x9s for a project car i ust to have and it sounded like i had subs. but i got 2 of em in my ext cab sliverado 06 right now with 2 pioneer 6.5s in the front sounds pretty good