1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Speaker sizes and options...

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by suede, Nov 24, 2009.

1. suede

suede New Member

Ok so after some extensive modification to my dash i got a double DIN touch screen dvd player in and all workin, but it obviously sent too much juice to my stock front speakers they are definitely blown, so i would like to know what size and recommended replacemnts for the door speakers for an o1 silverado...
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Crutchfield's is one of the Best Outlets for your Stereo and Speaker Needs.Speaker size for the Fronts are 6-1/2
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  3. lsutoms

lsutoms New Member

the 01 work truck model has 6.5" but if im not mistaken the higher models also have a 1" tweeter in them... if its just the 6.5 your cover over your speaker in your door pannel will just be one round circle
  4. suede

suede New Member

yea i have the tweeter too, so does this still mean the larger speaker is a 6.5?
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Yes the bigger Speaker is 6.5.
  6. kwconch021

kwconch021 New Member

if you have a double din with that much power its time to upgrade.. obviously

go with the infinity kappa series. they have the tweeter built in already. my buddy put 2 in his 05 monte carlo and wow. what a difference. he also put the 6x9's in on the rear deck and we cant get it to stop shaking back there lol

I have the Bose upgrade from factory with the tweeters on the pillars in my 06 4 dr LT. I also have a pioneer flip out that pushes 100x more power than the factory head unit, and it really lets the Bose pound- so for this reason I wont upgrade my door speakers.

But if I ever do I will be purchasing the Infinity Kappa-- not too sure on price though, i think he got the best deal on onlinecarstereo.com but check out ebay, amazon and definitely check out sonicelectronix.com -- same as crutchfield, except you dont pay for the crutchfield name

good luck and keep us updated with it!