Speaker sizes and options...

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by suede, Nov 24, 2009.

1. suede

suede New Member

Ok so after some extensive modification to my dash i got a double DIN touch screen dvd player in and all workin, but it obviously sent too much juice to my stock front speakers they are definitely blown, so i would like to know what size and recommended replacemnts for the door speakers for an o1 silverado...

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Crutchfield's is one of the Best Outlets for your Stereo and Speaker Needs.Speaker size for the Fronts are 6-1/2

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  3. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

the 01 work truck model has 6.5" but if im not mistaken the higher models also have a 1" tweeter in them... if its just the 6.5 your cover over your speaker in your door pannel will just be one round circle

4. suede

suede New Member

yea i have the tweeter too, so does this still mean the larger speaker is a 6.5?

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes the bigger Speaker is 6.5.

6. kwconch021

kwconch021 Rockstar

if you have a double din with that much power its time to upgrade.. obviously

go with the infinity kappa series. they have the tweeter built in already. my buddy put 2 in his 05 monte carlo and wow. what a difference. he also put the 6x9's in on the rear deck and we cant get it to stop shaking back there lol

I have the Bose upgrade from factory with the tweeters on the pillars in my 06 4 dr LT. I also have a pioneer flip out that pushes 100x more power than the factory head unit, and it really lets the Bose pound- so for this reason I wont upgrade my door speakers.

But if I ever do I will be purchasing the Infinity Kappa-- not too sure on price though, i think he got the best deal on onlinecarstereo.com but check out ebay, amazon and definitely check out sonicelectronix.com -- same as crutchfield, except you dont pay for the crutchfield name

good luck and keep us updated with it!