1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Speaker Swap for 1999 2500 W/Extended Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by bluebrick, Jun 26, 2012.

1. bluebrick

bluebrick New Member

Today I located a 1996 Maxima in the boneyard that had the factory installed BOSE speakers. Does anyone know if these might be an easy swap into my Silverado? The price is a steal and I hope that they are still there when and if I get back there. Thanks.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

First off those Speaker in the Max are shot by now. But anyway NO they will not work and your factory speakers will sound better anyway...They are made by Clarion and are about 8-16 Ohms and ran by a Amp in the factory Radio..

3. bluebrick

bluebrick New Member

Just curious, but why won't they work?

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

1st They might be 6x9's or 6 3/4 They used all differant speakers in the Old Bose systems. 2nd They were NOT that great of a speaker 3rd they are looking for signal from the Bose Amp that is not in your truck

5. bluebrick

bluebrick New Member

OK. Makes sense. Thanks for your help.