1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Speakers For a 1999 Suburban

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by SilveR316, Nov 30, 2009.

1. SilveR316

SilveR316 New Member

I'm going to be purchasing a complete replacement set of speakers for my father's 1999 Suburban for Christmas.

But I have a small problem. I don't live near him, and I don't know exactly how many speakers and what size is needed. I don't really want to call and ask him as it would make it pretty obvious what's going under the Christmas tree.

Anyways, from what I gather, there are 6 speakers? 2 in front doors, 2 in rear doors, and 2 in the ceiling above the back doors?

Front's are 6-1/2".
    Rear's are 6-3/4"
    Ceiling's are 4x10"

Is this correct? Are there any other speakers that need to be purchase other than those 6?

Also, Crutchfield has a note saying the front speakers don't match any regular aftermarket speaker sizes. What is this all about, are adapters needed?

Any help or experiences would be appreciated.
  2. EzraBrooks

EzraBrooks New Member

Really old thread, I know, but what about the tweeters in the front doors? Are they 1 inch? I'm asking because I'm considering replacing all of mine as well.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yes 1 in will fit in the door pod. It's also a great place to put them. For imaging.....