1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Speakers quit working

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by duckduckdog, Apr 6, 2012.

1. duckduckdog

duckduckdog Rockstar 100 Posts

All of them except for the 2 tweeters on the pillars.... worked fine when I parked last night. This morning, nothing. Any ideas?
    Is there a fuse?
    HELP please! :)
  2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There is fuses, check your fuse box that's between the dash and the door, pop off the cover and look at the diagram for speakers. there should also be a fuse on the back of the stereo itself. Try unplugging your battery and leaving it over night. I can't remember but there may a safety switch in it to prevent theft. Cannot remember.
  3. coachg08

coachg08 New Member

This same thing has happened to me. Its almost like every 2nd or 3rd day the speakers will all work but the next day its just the tweeters again. I dont know what the heck is going on! Any help is appreciated!
  4. duckduckdog

My research has led me to believe that what actually happened is the passenger speakers have actually been out for a while - and perhaps the rear. I had noticed for a while that at certain times I my volume appeared to go up and down. I attributed it to radios that I have seen that get louder and softer with acceleration. What I now believe actually happened that day is that my front driver side speaker finally went out and I just finally noticed that they were out. I don't usually listen to the radio very loud, so I guess I just didn't notice. It now comes and goes. I ordered 4 new speakers and hope to install them this weekend.
  5. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

My speakers did the same, they didn't just go out, they were "intermittent"...sometimes working, sometimes not. Eventually they blew. All four of my door speakers went out, one at a time. The two pillar tweeters are still going.
  6. duckduckdog

Replaced all four speakers and have been trouble free for a few weeks now. And the sound is much improved.
  7. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Nice.. what kinda speakers did you go with anyways???
  8. duckduckdog

went with the Kenwood 6.5's. They were on clearance at Crutchfield so everything, including panel removal tool kit, was $70. Can't beat it!
  9. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

:great: Sweet deal there! I actually had my door speakers replaced last year in Truck Norris, but they warrantied it... despite my having 15k miles more than i should have. ...it's good to know people haha.