1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

speakers

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by jsn27282, May 25, 2006.

1. jsn27282

jsn27282 New Member

newbie here, i have a '02 LS. anyone have any problems w/ speakers not working correctly. sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. does this sound familiar?
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What do mean? They go in and out?
  3. jsn27282

jsn27282 New Member

no, they work on occasion, but not always. almost like they are not connected to wires or something. the drivers speaker always works, the passenger speaker works 75% of the time, while the rear speakers work maybe 25% of the time.
  4. 613NN

613NN New Member

I have the same problems with the same speakers. with the exception of the drivers rear. it works about 2 % of the time. I've pulled the speaker and have found no problem with wiring or the speaker. mines an '02 LS with a single cd player. maybe it's the head unit....
    dunno
  5. darkinsignia

darkinsignia New Member

I have an 05 LS and I have the same problem. The front drivers and passangers work but the rear drivers and passangers work 25% of the time. They cut in and out. I haven't found the problem yet.
  6. whiskey617

whiskey617 New Member

Sounds like theres a problem with the wiring harness connecting to the HU. Try pulling the HU and unplugging the harness completely, if this fails you will need to take off panels and follow the speaker wire all the way to the speaker ensuring there is no open cuts or any visible issues.