Spectre Intake Kit

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by bzboardco, Mar 30, 2009.

1. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

I asked about a month ago about the spectre intake and didn't get very positive reviews from other forum users. I went ahead and bought one anyways for 149.00 at auto zone.

Installation 10 of 10 Easy to install

Construction of intake kit after install 7 of 10 Could be a little better built

Sound 10 of 10 Produced a very deep sound under the hood

Performance 8 of 10 Not night and day difference but the sound that is produced makes me really happy about my purchase I do think I feel a good increase in mid range power

Price 10 of 10 150.00 compared to 300.00 to 400.00 Economy is bad so this price was GREAT!

I would recommend this intake to someone else and will prob buy it again if needed. Hope this review helps for people like me that can't really budget in a K&N, AFE, Bully Dog...etc

***Edited for info and pics :)****

I still need to adjust the height of intake and put it more in the housing shield that came on it...and reroute that coolant hose underneath it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My truck feels violated if I expose her "Under the Hood Area" all over the internet so to make her satisfied I had to include a whole pic of her...Don't really feel like listening to her gripe later....LOL
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Right on man, step outside that box! I give you a lot of credit for trying something new, it's better to lose $150 than double that on something that probably does the same thing. Sometimes I think we can be a little brand bias, but hey spend it if you got it! :great:

3. 04SilverChevy

04SilverChevy Rockstar 100 Posts

Any pics of this installed? I've been looking around for a intake. My buddy can get me a K&N for like $240 but i wanted to see some other options too.

4. bzboardco

Sure can will upload tomorrow. :great:

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

good job, congrats

6. Ridinonacloud

Ridinonacloud Rockstar

I'd definately like to see how it looks. I just put on a K&N which cost me $240 so I'm curious if I spent a bit more than I should have. I do agree though that we all can be brand bias at times. Sort of the you get what you pay for mentality...

7. 04SilverChevy

Awesome man. Thanks

8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

thats a great price interested to see what the install looks like

9. bzboardco

Edited post pics added up in the original review...tell me what you guys think

10. 04SilverChevy

Nic e man. Now i was some desicions to make...lol