Spectre Performance

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by bzboardco, Mar 4, 2009.

1. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

Advanced Auto has a Spectre Intake System similar to most of the more popular intake systems. They sale them for 125.00 for the whole system. Now my question is if I bought that intake and put a K&n cone filter on it would it provide the same amount of performance?? I am thinking it is the same considering a big factor of it is the smooth design of the intake....:neutral:

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would say that it would be the same thing, because basically you are still using the stock sensors. The tubing is probably contoured the same, I would try it and see what happens. I have bought a lot of look alike stuff from Summit Racing, such as step bars for less than half the price of brand name ones and they were just as nice. In some cases you just pay for the name, and I think this is one of those cases.

3. Ben814

Ben814 New Member

I bought a Spectre Intake for HD Silverado and did not care for it. It is made to cover a few different engine sizes and it did not fit well in my 6.0. Also the shroud is made metal and rattled on acceleration. I ended up taking it out and taking it back. I am going to buy the a different system.

4. plumber_rob

plumber_rob Rockstar 100 Posts

I got a ChromeIntakes kit. It fit well on my 5.3. I only had to enlarge the holes in the heat shield to make it fit. I paid $75 on ebay.

5. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

I might try it and see and also check out the intakes plumber was talking about thanks for the input

6. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I had one on my 03 it worked well. I just used the k&n filter. The stock spectra filter is no good.

7. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ha I have a spectre intake on my cherokee, that stock filter is garbage but I got it for free. My cherokee is a mess so I really don't care. :glasses: