1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

speed sensor or abs sensor

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by vncj96, Mar 25, 2010.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My abs and brake light is on I crawled under there to look and the wire had been sliced and the plug and a few inches of wire was missing, my question is are the speed sensor and the abs light one in the same or two different sensors. I just got this truck so do not have a manual yet. 99 silverado reg cab
  2. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

wheres the broken wire the front or tranny or rear the brakes light is usually fluid or the parking brake is on the abs only will go on if the abs is malfunctioning
  3. vncj96

Its at the front left wheel
  4. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

that will be your abs sensor in the hub that will cause that abs light to be on now where was it sliced the harness on the car or the harness before the plug on the sensor side?
  5. vncj96

Thanks! Thats what I figured but you never know.
  6. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

Notta problem bro
  7. vncj96

So the actual brake light should just be for the fluid being low then?
  8. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

yeah i'd check the fluid level and if its still on i'd check out the parking brake release switch