Speeding Ticket How to Win this Fight

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ippielb, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

So, i got a speeding ticket today, this is my first ticket I've ever gotten, and i have been proud of that. Today i took my truck in to a shop to see what the problem was with my truck. And when i was leaving, i came out of the shop, and drove 450 meters or 492 yards (and in that 450 meters there is a set of train tracks), and i got flagged into a parking lot, and the cop said i was doing 75km/h(46mph), the speed limit is 50km/h(31mph). So, in 450 meters, i got going 46mph, i've never sped 25kmh over the speed limit. Not even when i'm in a rush.

Here's a google maps of where i drove, until where i got flagged in.

A is the shop, B is where i was when the officer flagged me in, and C is where the officer was with the radar.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...5479,-104.5948&spn=0.008535,0.022724&t=h&z=16

What can i do to try and win?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

haha, were you speeding? ;-) You can try to fight it. I'm fighting one that I wasn't speeding in Fort Worth. I just look at that and think I could get going REALLY fast in that short distance. haha

3. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

i don't think you can beat a speeding ticket. especially in a 1 lane street. if they clocked you on the radar, it's pretty much a done deal. you can plead with the judge that you always obey the laws and being that it's your first ticket ever. and most likely the only thing you can prob work on is getting the judge to lessen the $$$. good luck.

4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I got out of my last speeding ticket because the cop wrote the ticket up wrong so the judge dissmised it. I got lucky on that one. lol

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I honestly cant help ya there.. The last ticket i got i kinda earned. But they may take a look at your driving record.. And if you want to fight it then you want to take a look at the local laws etc.. and see what you can do... Good luck.