1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Speedo, Cruise, Heater blower stopped working

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ross, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ross

ross New Member

Hi.

1990 Suburban 4x4 1/2 tonne:

The other morning my speedometer, and cruise control stopped working. The heater blower did too, but I don't know if that's related because I've had trouble with it before. I changed out the speed sensor after doing some internet searches, but that didn't do it.

I'm thinking of looking at the wiring that plugs into the speed sensor now, but was wondering if there is some fuse somewhere that controls this, that might be blown. I checked the fuses under the driver's side dash, but didn't see anything that looked suspicious ... are there other fuses under the hood or somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ross.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

My 93 has some relays behind a plastic cover on the firewall at the passenger side of the vehicle. Don't think that will help. Cruise control likely quit working because the speedometer isn't working. If it were just the cruise control, I might look at the stoplight switch since in is in the cc circuit. Since the speedo is part of the problem it would be a good idea to figure out why that's not working and I think the cruise issue will be fixed too.

Sorry I don't have enough experience to send you in the right direction. Maybe someone else will chime in.
    Suburban Parts
    http://www.gmpartsclub.com/chevy-suburban-parts.html
  3. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

Sounds like there is a fuse blown , because the speedo and heater are on the same fuse. Its a 25 amp fuse should be marked HTR A/C
  4. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul New Member

..and im sorry but I don't know what to suggest except check the fuses under dash
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009