Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Speedometer concerns with 2-inch lift and 33-inch tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by raf1231, Jun 1, 2010.

1. raf1231

raf1231 Member

I just completed a 2-inch lift on my '92 Suburban K1500 - blocks in the rear and new torsion bar keys up front. The OEM tires were LT245/75R16/C. But I've been running LT265/75R16/E for the last four years. There's not much difference between these two sizes. But the new tires are BFG A/T LT295/75R16/D. The 265's were 30-inch diameter. The 295's are 33-inch diameter. Also changed out the OEM 16x7 alloy wheels for AR-321 FUEL BLACK 16x8 alloys ( http://www.americanracing.com/browse_ar.asp). Tires are balanced, the front end has been properly aligned. It runs well, rides well, no real complaints. I know the speedometer will show slow (when it shows 60-mph, I'll be doing around 70-mph). However, I've noticed the shift points are different and the 4-wheel ABS engage easier/faster.

:confused: While web-surfing, I've come across a "Superlift TruSpeed Speed Sensor Recalibrator". It's suppose to "correct speedometer/odometer readings and the speed signal sent to the Engine, Powertrain, and Anti-lock Brake Control Modules which can affect fuel delivery, engine timing, and automatic transmission shift point". http://www.superlift.com/accessories/truspeed.asp It costs around $225. Has anybody tried it? Is it worth it? Anyone know of alternatives -- preferably cheaper? I've got to get the Sub's speedometer back in-sync because I have a '96 Camry that's right on the button and get forgetful when I switch between driving the two cars (and I have a heavy foot as it is). :mdr:

BTW, here's a couple of pics of the new AR wheels. I added the red, which matches the body color. (This is a work in progress, so the wheel caps aren't on, the air dam has been removes, still need to buy the fender flares, etc.)

[​IMG]

Attached Files: