1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Speedometer not working

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dustin88, Dec 14, 2008.

1. dustin88

dustin88 New Member

I just bought the truck listed in my signiture and the speedometer does not move and the miles also do not change. I have read alot about silverado's having problems with the gauge clusters and I was wondering if a bad speedometer gauge would also cause the miles to not change or would only a bad speed sensor cause the miles to not change?

Thanks
    Dustin
  2. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member

Yes, all this is associated with the whole Cluster. You will need to either have it replaced or purchase and do it yourself. The dealer must calibrate if for you to get the mileage back to where it failed at
    and make sure the tripometer is also functioning. If you have the Hours Option on the vehicle that will need to be done also. Cost as much as 700.00, depends on where you live, you do some, dealer does some, or dealers does all....

Jeff