1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spotted Windshield

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by freddie, Apr 12, 2008.

1. freddie

freddie New Member 100 Posts

Hey guys, I had a new windshield put in almost a year ago because a rock hit it. Now I seem to have a lot of water spots that I just can’t seem to get rid of. I have tried several things like Windex and some kind of armorall windshield cleaner but nothing has worked. Any suggestions on how to get the water spots off?
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  2. Tom Evans

Tom Evans New Member

I had a similar problem with a 1982 Mercedes I own. Only in my case, the windshield was the only glass which didn't have spots. I tried all sorts of cleaners, including laquer thinner (be very carefule with this stuff!). The spots just wouldn't come off. I finally got a glass buffing kit from JC Whitney and buffed out the spots. The kit consisted of a buffing wheel that attaches to your hand drill and some cerium oxide polishing compound. That was 20 years ago and the glass still looks good.