1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spray-In Bedliner Maintenance

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by Vincennes02261897, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

Hey guys,

When I got a new tailgate and had the interior side of it sprayed with Line-X to match the rest of the 5 month old Line-x'd bed, I noticed that the colors were off. The color difference is no big deal to me, but I'm wondering:

Do you guys have any tips or tricks for keeping that nice, shiny, new spray-in bedliner finish looking nice, shiny, and new? When it's a brand new job, it's a beautiful jet black in color. Over time, though, it almost starts to turn gray and dull. Is there any way to prevent that?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Line-X use to have a protectant type liquid that bought back the shine. I don't know if they still have it. Have you checked there website?
  3. duckduckdog

duckduckdog New Member

4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

Excellent. Well that was easy enough. Thanks for the info. Any other tips are welcome.

I had once heard about some unorthodox treatment that helps but I can't remember what it was.