Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spray In Box Liners

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by smainsw, Nov 29, 2008.

1. smainsw

smainsw Rockstar

I've been thinking about getting a spray in liner for my truck, right now it has an OEM GM drop in liner. Not sure which way to go either Line-X or Rhino Liner. We have Line-X in the trucks at work and they are peeled and chipped, but mind you they treat the trucks at work like crap. I haul minor stuff, and put my quad in the back of my truck quite frequently especially during the summer. Any tips/suggestions or experiences with either of these product would help me make a decision on what to do.
  2. APSK7429

APSK7429 New Member

I have a linex in my 06 and haul quite a bit of things and have had only one chip. I took it bakc fo r a repiar and the honred the warranty and repaired it. I like the line-x.:great:
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've had experience with Toff, LineX and a local brand. Good luck with each of them. What you might want to look at is the final finish of the different liners. The Toff was the thickest and roughest. The LineX was the thinnest and finest surface. It depends on how they apply it, but each has it's benefits. I had my bed, tool box and running boards all sprayed locally and it looks and works great. Good luck!
  5. smainsw

smainsw Rockstar

I've seen some of the trucks at work that Line-X has done, and I hope he doesn't do a job like that on people's personal vehicles, (lots of overspray) which is kind of why I'm leaning towards Rhino as the local rep does do a good job, however I have read somewhere that the black on the rhino linings tends to wear off onto some of the stuff you are hauling, anyone have problems with this?
  6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

brother 01 Z71, father 07 NBS Z71 both have Rhino lining and never a problem and many that I work with have Rhino and like it alot, from what I have read is line-x is much more expensive then Rhino. The guy that does it in my area just built a shop bigger then his auto body building so that tells me he does alot of business. I plan on rhino lining my rocker panels in the spring on the burban
  7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Line-X is what I have had on my last two pickups, very durable!
  8. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

Has anybody done a do-it-yourself application? I'd like to do the entire interior of my Blazer.
  9. brian704

brian704 Member

line x

i seen some do it your self work and alot of them suck. but all depends on the kit i guess...i think i will be going with line x cause they do some special things like put a chevy sign in the bed.
  10. sweetdawg99

sweetdawg99 Rockstar

in case you didnt see in the other thread from what i understand the main difference is in the application. I talked to a local Line-X guy (my bro in law got it done by them and it looks great) and he told me they pre-heat the solution to encourage bonding or something along those lines. Maybe its just a sales gimmick but i compared the prices of the rhino liner vs the line-x and they were not too different. Close enough in fact that i am gettin a line-x sometime around x-mas. Let us know which way ya decide to go and how it works out for ya.