1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spray on bed liner

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Chevy Newby, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Chevy Newby

Chevy Newby Rockstar

hey guys, I just had my spray on bed liner applied and I like it alot. It was done by a company called Vortex, I am actually goin to be a authorized dealer next year. You can apply the material to more than just bed liners. If you guys have any input I really appreciate it. The pic is in my album, sorry dont know why it wont attach.

Attached Files:

2. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

It really cleans up the bed, especially if it was as scratched up as your tailgate. (how come you didn't get the tailgate done?) I hope it was free with that kind of advertising!:lol:
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That does look good. I'm also curious about the tailgate, though. Just as a side note, I have heard that when these spray in bed liners are not installed properly, a lot of times you'll see too much liner on the bottom of the tailgate and on the end o the bed where the tailgate and bed meet close to the rear bumper. Apparently, this causes problems with securely closing the tailgate and puts unwarranted pressure on the tailgate release mechanism. The good news is, I've never heard of this happening with trucks that have professionally installed bed liners... only with folks who decided to do it themselves.
  4. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks good, but just curious as to why you didn't cover the gate as well.
  5. Chevy Newby

Chevy Newby Rockstar

LMAO I knew I couldnt get nothing past you damn GM guys. No, I have a huge dent in the tailgate and need a new one. So I didnt get the gate done, I wait until I get it replaced. Yes it was free, but advertisement for me also. I will become a Vortex Dealer in the spring. GOOD BY TO MY 9-5 AT AT&T, NO MORE LAY-OFFS FOR ME.
  6. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Haha... I figured it was something of that sort.
  7. welder

welder New Member

I have seen and like bed liner, Question though. I am re - habbing a 88 suburban, has any one ever put bedliner in the back of a suburban. This is going to be my fishing hunting, snow play, truck. In other words, abused back.
  8. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Welder, I don't see why you couldn't do it. I've seen them in cargo vans and Jeeps before. Then you could just get in the front and hose all the blood, guts, mud, and whatever right out the back doors. :eek:h: