1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spring Truck Cleaning Tips for your Chevy?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by ChevyFan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

2012-Chevrolet-Silverado-HD-012.jpg

Chevy Truck Spring Cleaning Tips
    How many of you are going to clean your trucks now that we have nice weather coming in most parts of the country (and some parts of Canada)?

I find that I have to spend a bunch of time cleaning the wheels in the spring and if you stay on top of it, then they never get too nasty. Then I make certain to air out everything by taking a trip with the windows down and getting up to a decent speed. Make sure to get rid of any clutter or it will fly out the window. No, I don't suggest that you get rid of clutter by doing this. :)

Then I do a good wash and vacuum the entire inside out and will touch up the carpet where needed.

What's everyone else do?
  2. JnBama

JnBama Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Not much of a winter here in AL, did have to clean the interior the other day . Left windows open a little to vent, lawn service came along mowing dead grass for some reason, trimmed and blowed grass all inside and all over the truck. Had allergy attack after sweeping the grass out, eyes swelled up and sneezed myself dizzy
  3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Definitely giving my truck a good cleaning soon. I got a PC polisher for XMas and just ordered a kit from Adams Polishes (thanks Dylan) to make it shine.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Last weekend I did something I never do, took the truck to an automated car wash, normally I hand wash at the house but I was feeling lazy.
    One of the local car wash's had a special for a hand wash and interior steam clean on seats and carpet for $26 with a coupon so I took'em up on it, for an additional $5 I had'em run it throught the tunnel and spray down the undercarriage.
    Sadly with all the bugs and trash in the air it already needs cleaning again.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Better be clean in a few weeks.....:glasses:
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It probably will be in the garage at the train station. :lol:
    Washed it up good today and will wax it tomorrow with the PC. Can't wait to see how the Adam's works.
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I detail my vehicle in spring right after the first pollen falls and ideally just after it's rained (so that pollen isn't blowing all over the vehicle while I'm detailing). This tends to happen before the spring rain, which is good because a fresh coat of wax laid down just before piles of pollen and rain fall on the vehicle ... is a good thing!
  8. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

All I know is that pollen is all over my truck between spring and summer and I hate it!
  9. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

One new thing I plan on doing fairly soon is buying a clay bar kit. I do recommend researching the products though and reading reviews because there is a lot to be said about a good/bad clay bar kit. Because I got my truck used there are a couple little nicks that require a dab of touchup paint. The clay bar kit though will help drastically minimize the appearance of swirls in the clear coat. The swirls are mainly from washing and wiping rather than buffing. I've also been considering Meguiars scratch x 2.0 for areas more heavily scratched. I have to look on the forum to see if there are any threads about scratch removal products.
  10. JnBama

JnBama Member 2 Years 500 Posts

You will get better results using a low speed buffer for scratches, I used a scratch fix kit ( sand paper, rub compound and clear coat) for a key scratch. I'm just blasting mine off at the carwash with the pollen and thunderstorms .
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012