1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spring Truck Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by ChevyFan, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Who waits for the winter to end before they start to do a good cleaning, and who keeps their rig clean all winter long?
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Try to keep mine somewhat clean over the winter. I wash it once a week to keep the salt off of it. I think we are done with snow up here now, we didn't get any this year, so I started spring cleaning it today, probably a week long process. So far I've given it a good wash and a once over with the clay bar. It'll get a good polish in the next couple of days. Then I'll go over the interior.
  3. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

I keep mine clean all year long...must be my OCD. My interior is covered w/ mats so throughout the winter I will wash them and give the truck a quick vac. I also make everyone clap their feet off before entering my truck, which is something my father drove in to me. My center console is getting a little cluttered w/ some receipts but nothing too crazy. I also wash the exterior, wheel wells, and under carriage throughout the winter. In the spring time it always rains so that's a drag for people who don't like their vehicles dirty. In the spring I do lift the hood to give it a light wash. I grew up learning detail work onvehicles so I know how to do this without getting water in areas it shouldn't be. In the summer it's nice to be able to go 2 weeks w/out having to spend 2+ hours cleaning the exterior. Oh and I highly recommend the interior california car duster as it is just enough to keep the interior looking good.
  4. The Heater

The Heater Member

I spent $15,000 on dismantling, stripping and repainting my truck, so I try to keep it clean year round. Before that I only cleaned the outside twice a year.
  5. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

Which mfg. do you use for the clab bar? I've been doing some research and so far I'm thinking of going w/ a kit Meguiars offers
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Meguiar's is the brand I used, someday I'm going to spring for some Adams products.
  7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I try to keep the outside as clean as possible, but it's hard with my commute after a good bit of wetness on the road. The interior is another story. I try to keep as much out of it, but it's hard to keep clean when you have dirty gear all the time. This is as clean as I have it right now:

[​IMG]

Will be a lot better come spring, but that's still another couple months away at least.