Spring Truck Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by ChevyFan, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Who waits for the winter to end before they start to do a good cleaning, and who keeps their rig clean all winter long?

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Try to keep mine somewhat clean over the winter. I wash it once a week to keep the salt off of it. I think we are done with snow up here now, we didn't get any this year, so I started spring cleaning it today, probably a week long process. So far I've given it a good wash and a once over with the clay bar. It'll get a good polish in the next couple of days. Then I'll go over the interior.

3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I keep mine clean all year long...must be my OCD. My interior is covered w/ mats so throughout the winter I will wash them and give the truck a quick vac. I also make everyone clap their feet off before entering my truck, which is something my father drove in to me. My center console is getting a little cluttered w/ some receipts but nothing too crazy. I also wash the exterior, wheel wells, and under carriage throughout the winter. In the spring time it always rains so that's a drag for people who don't like their vehicles dirty. In the spring I do lift the hood to give it a light wash. I grew up learning detail work onvehicles so I know how to do this without getting water in areas it shouldn't be. In the summer it's nice to be able to go 2 weeks w/out having to spend 2+ hours cleaning the exterior. Oh and I highly recommend the interior california car duster as it is just enough to keep the interior looking good.

4. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I spent $15,000 on dismantling, stripping and repainting my truck, so I try to keep it clean year round. Before that I only cleaned the outside twice a year.

5. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Which mfg. do you use for the clab bar? I've been doing some research and so far I'm thinking of going w/ a kit Meguiars offers

6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Meguiar's is the brand I used, someday I'm going to spring for some Adams products.

7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I try to keep the outside as clean as possible, but it's hard with my commute after a good bit of wetness on the road. The interior is another story. I try to keep as much out of it, but it's hard to keep clean when you have dirty gear all the time. This is as clean as I have it right now:

[​IMG]

Will be a lot better come spring, but that's still another couple months away at least.