GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Spy Shots—2014 Chevrolet Silverado Here it is!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Enkeiavalanche, May 3, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Even with heavy camouflage, the team at Brenda Priddy & Co. says that it's obvious this is the next-generation Chevrolet Silverado, which is due out for the 2014 model year.

While the team did not get to peek under the hood, sources have told the group to expect a small-block V8 with improved fuel economy and greater horsepower. The shooters also report that at a glance, it appears that the new Silverado will have a roomier interior.

Stay tuned for more details as they come in.

untitled2.jpg untitled.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  2. AMac

AMac New Member

Hmmm..the front end looks a little boxier, kind what a super-duty would look like. Although it's hart to tell with all that secret masking covering up the details. The tailgate seems to be taller too but again, looks are deceiving.
    Thank you for sharing!
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I'll stick with mine! I undressed that truck a bit in my head and it's still not quite up to bar with my good looking truck meter ;)
  4. jnbama

jnbama Member

They must be ashamed of it and keep it covered
  5. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Looks more like a ford front end and a dodge rear end, under that tarp. Lets hope it ain't so. Usually if someone is proud of their accomplishments the sneak peak is really an early advertising campaign. Apparently this may not be the case. Are they going to compete with Fords new engine drive train combo?
  6. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 New Member

ewe yes it does. WHY GM?!?! Don't copy! Ford copied Dodge's hood/grille set up. Hope gm didn't follow this either.
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

The front wheel wells look bigger, which is a nice change so you can actually put a bigger rim/tire on without having to cut.
  8. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

I hope GM decides to go with slanted headlights similar to the 03-07 classic Silverado's. I personally don't like the front ends all that well on the NNBS trucks so that would be a great styling cue in my opinion. I also think that GM should take an idea from Dodge and make a 'quad cab' available, otherwise known as a tad bit bigger cab than an ext. cab and with four actual doors,but not quite as big and family oriented as a crewcab.. I think Dodge has a great option by offering a quad cab over an extended cab. I'm saying this because I can almost swear that back door is bigger than my ext cab door but not quite a crew cab door. Maybe I'm just letting the camouflage mess with my mind haha.
  9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

The front end looks like a Sierra with Halo's. The truck box does look like it is taller. I will wait to comment if/if not like it till the costume is off.
  10. Goldie

Goldie New Member

If you can find any info on the engine and trans can you post here for us? I'd be curious to see what they are all about.
  11. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

That back sliding window!
  12. Urban Cowboy

Urban Cowboy New Member

ITS LIKE CHRISTMAS, but you have to wait till 2014
  13. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Sliding back glass window nothing new. I have one on mine and love it. When you open it up the breeze really flows through. I can't beleive that Texas Edition doesn't have one. But you do have those beautiful wheels!
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  14. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

I know, I spend 30K on a truck and I don't have one? I do plan on getting one installed thought because we have a drive in theater and it's nice to sit in the bed with some chairs but I can't hear the movie without that window. I just need to get it priced out around town. Thanks, I love my wheels.. a huge upgrade from the 20' Texas edition wheels.
  15. boos sierra 2500hd

boos sierra 2500hd New Member

Went to look over my new 2013 today and was talking to the guy that ordered it for me. The dealers seem to think the 14i s gonna look more like the colorado ?? Not a good look in my opinion... I'm glad I got the 2013, although they are saying that the HDs will keep the same look for another year .
  16. xtelevisionset

xtelevisionset New Member

I haven't liked how these trucks looked since the 90's.

They just get fatter and fatter.
  17. Tungsten23

Tungsten23 New Member