1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spy Shots—2014 GMC Sierra Denali Fills Void Left by Cadillac Escalade EXT

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Enkeiavalanche, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Can you say SWEET!!!!

[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD] [​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    The shooters at KGP Photography caught a prototype for the next GMC Sierra Denali in the middle of a test convoy full of the next-generation trucks. Amid all of the test trucks, two of the prototypes were still wearing some front-end camouflage, and behind it was a new grille treatment that looks completely consistent with the Sierra's top-end Denali trim. These shots prove that the Denali trim level will continue into the next-generation Sierras, offering a level of luxury perhaps even more important to some GM truck buyers with the pending cancellation of the Cadillac Escalade EXT pickup variants. Until GM confirms a future pickup for the Cadillac model range, this Denali will likely be the most luxurious truck offered throughout the GM brands.

The front grille shows an opening devoid of horizontal slats and made up entirely of a perforated, billet-style design. The grille looks like it's done in a matte finish on this prototype, but something fully chromed in its final showroom trim is expected.

The Denali's interior will likely improve on the materials used in standard GMC Sierras. Besides different badging, all of the exterior visual changes are expected to be found on the front fascia. The Denali prototype in these photos was clearly rocking Rancho shocks, adding something a bit more than showy chrome and leather to the Denali's option sheet.

While there are no specifics on the official debut of the ’14 GMC Sierra Denali, last year's New York Auto Show (NYAS) hosted the debut of the GMC Terrain Denali. So it wouldn't be surprising to see this Sierra Denali hit the 2013 NYAS in a couple weeks.

[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD] [​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Photo Credit: KGP Photography
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I can't wait to see it without the covers. I hope that it does not end up with the black trim around the wheel wells when it is produced.
  3. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

Hopefully GM won't have the crappy looking ebay LEDs around the headlights. What were they thinking?

I am also waiting to see the Silverado High Country, that should be sweet.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

rear end looks really sharp. id like to see some full pics of it.

maybe in a few years me and the wife will just have his and hers sierras. kinda like the sound of that.

Alex
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That's good news to see they're continuing the Denali trim levels to that degree. Would like to get a look at that actually.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Well from what I read I should be the first at the NYC Auto Show in April to see it....Guess I can take a few Pics....:neutral:
  7. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

I don't really see any difference in the rear end besides the lack of the new step corners on the bumper.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if the new Denali will have something mreo to distinguish itself more than just grill and different leather.