1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

squeak when turning - Colorado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jtforrester, Jul 3, 2008.

1. jtforrester

jtforrester New Member

Hey Everyone,

I am considering buying an 04 Colorado. I test drove it last night, and found that when I turned the wheel (left or right) there was a slight squeak/squeal sound. I could not tell where it was coming from; it could have been in the wheel or under the hood. Is this a common issue? Is it a problem, or just a common trait of the truck? If it is a problem, what is the fix? It is a 4x4, automatic, 3.5l, extended cab.

Sorry if this is an old topic that has been hashed through before, but I am new here and trying to get information quickly because I may buy the truck tonight.

Thanks in advance.
    Jamie
  2. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre New Member 100 Posts

Jamie,

I could be several things, but since it is a 4wd I would suspect a cv joint. I'm probably late seeing as you wanted a quick reply, but hey it's only 3:30 am. :lol:
  3. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre New Member 100 Posts

Oh and btw :sign0016: to the Luynatic Frindge!!