Squeaking, maybe from suspension?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Crakums_GT, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Driving through base housing with the windows down I can hear this squeaking noise. Pretty sure it's coming from the front and it seems to follow the bumps of the tread and road bumps. It's not audible above 20MPH because the tires and exhaust drown it out. I suspect it is the suspension. What should I look at or lube or what not to see if it'll fix it? Thanks.

-Greg

2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

When I lube mine I hit anything with a grease fitting and any of the bushings that don't I use a dry film lubricant (seems to last longer than regular spray lube) and try to hose them down getting in all the nooks and crannies. Hope this helps........oh and it doesn't last forever, I do it whenever it starts squeking and creaking again.

3. Dan

Dan Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a 2006 and it is driveing me nuts no grease fittings and just went out of warrenty takeing it in for oil change at the dealer in morning and i hope they can find it

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

squeaking maybe from suspension

On my 05 lifted Silverado I found my bushings on my edelbrock front dual shocks were squecking. Loosened the mounting bolts and sprayed with silicone grease, moved the bolts around and sprayed again. This stop squeak for a few months but it came back. Turned up the radio:lol:

5. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Thanks. I'll have to take it to the auto hobby shop and get it up on the lift and take a good look around the front suspension. The only problem is when to do this lol. I'm rarely up during the day since I'm on night shifts. I'll see what I can work out though. Thanks for the input guys. Hope it works.

-Greg