Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

squeaking noise when turning steering wheel to the left

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by satrdanitefvr, Jun 5, 2009.

1. satrdanitefvr

satrdanitefvr New Member

I've had my 08 2500HD CC 4x4 Duramax since last August and I hear a slight squeaky squealing noise when I cut the wheel to the left. Anyone know what this is?
  2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sorry, I don't know what's causing it, but mine does the exact same thing! It seems to be only when I have the AC on. Seems weird that it does it only when turning to the left. At least I'm not the only one! Hopefully someone can help us!
  3. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

Have somebody sit in the truck with it running and steer to the left like you normally would, in park though. Carefully listen under the hood to see if you can pin point where the noise is coming from. Is it the steering box or tie rod end or ?
  4. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Rockstar 100 Posts

HMMM...
    MINE DID SAME FOR QUITE A BIT, AND I JUST REALIZED THAT THAT NOISE IS GONE....

sorry for caps, forgot it was on.:party::party: