squeaking noise

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Runnerboy23, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Runnerboy23

Runnerboy23 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey, everyone Last night around 6 gallons of diesel spilt in the bed of my truck today agter cleaning out what I could I drove off to work and the squeaking noise started happening when you go over around 15 mph you cant hear it.I think its from the rear, I think it may be the stocks can anyone help me out?

thanks runnerboy23

2. Revredneck

Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

A couple things come to mind here -- first of all, you may just want to power wash the undercarriage where the fuel was spilled and try to get it all cleaned off. Also, a low speed squeak from the rear often indicates a faulty universal joint in the drive shaft. Just because it's relatively new doesn't mean you can't have a bad u-joint. It's an easy check, just drop the drive shaft and check the joints for binding and/or looseness. Rusty residue around one of the cups is dead giveaway.
    Good Luck and God Bless

3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would recommend taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. I can also look into this further for you. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

4. Runnerboy23

Runnerboy23 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah I cleaned the truck after it happened, thanks for the help I guess I'll bring it to the dealership the truck has like 9,000 miles so it should not be makeing noises like that I think.