1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Squeaking problems

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by whodeywhat, Sep 26, 2012.

1. whodeywhat

whodeywhat New Member

I have an 08 silverado 4wd reg cab. i had a rough country front end leveling kit installed in july. ever since then there has been a squeaking and creaking noise coming from the front when turning and normal driving. also recently when i go in reverse there is a loud squeaking noise that is just embarrassing. does this have to do with the leveling kit? should i remove it? or does something need to be greased to stop this? please help
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Check your u-joints for the noise in the rear. I am not familiar with that kit, but I would go ahead and grease all the zerks in the front (ball joints, tie rods, idler, pitman) Then I would spray some lube on the control arm bushings and see if that helps.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Did you get the squeak to stop?
  4. whodeywhat

whodeywhat New Member

Yea I was finally able to get it to the dealership and they said the u joint went out and while I was there he said I had 3mm left on breaks so perfect timing I guess but thanks for the help