Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

squeaking when starting stopping

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by pduffey, Jan 22, 2009.

1. pduffey

pduffey New Member

Living in Mi. Something in the front is squeaking when I start and stop. It is not the brakes. Had them repaired and checked a few months back. This sounds like something different. Primarily on one side. It has something of a rubbery sound to it. It seems to run well. I'm taking it in Saturday, but I wonder if anyone out there has a tip, or any knowledge about it.
    Thanks!
    Pat

2. Chaser1

Chaser1 Rockstar

Same Issue

I have the same thing on my 2000 Silverado 2wd, one of my friends told me to lub all my suspencion parts made out of rubber, i havent done it but i will try it.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

check the u-joints, mine had a slight squeek because the needle bearings were actually coming out of the joint and pinched halfway out.

4. jim1958

jim1958 Member

What year and kind of vehicle? 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive ?

5. pduffey

pduffey New Member

2000 Sonoma. 2-wheel.

6. pduffey

pduffey New Member

Thank you for the advice It sounds as though it might suspension. We got lots of pot-holes in Michigan right now.
    In my head, by the way it sounds, I've already decided that it wasn't the brakes or the fan belt.
    Thank you again.
    Pat

7. pduffey

pduffey New Member

U' Joint

It was the Universal joint. Thanks for the help
    Pat

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ding, Ding, Ding WINNER!!