1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Squeaks and bad idle

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silverstreak, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Silverstreak

Silverstreak New Member

So truck was squeaking really bad. Sprayed all the pulleys with WD-40 and determined the tensioner pulley on the main belt was done. Replaced it and the nasty screech went away.

BUT, there is still a squeak. Not so much at idle, but if I rev it or give it gas it has a small chirp coming from the front left( when looking at the motor). Could it be the belt or AC pulley? How do you test AC pulleys with the location they are in?

Secondly,

The truck threw a code after I fixed this stuff. It had a terrible idle that the pulley helped with a bit, but it still shudders the odd time, the stalling stopped though.

Code P0102. Has to do with MAF sensor. How do I fix this or what could it be. I am goin to try cleaning my MAF and my K&N filter is brand new. If this do not work do I need a new MAF?

Thanks guys

SS
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Try cleaning your belts with brake cleaner. WD40 is a spray on oil and is NOT recommended for rubber belts.

K&N filters are known to contaminate the Mass Airflow Sensor with oil. You need to clean your MAF with MAF cleaner or Brake Cleaner. Do not touch the element of the MAF sensor.

Next clean your air filter and when it comes to spraying oil on it use about 1/10 of the amount you have been using on it. The air flow through the filter displaces the oil and an oil fog is transferred to the MAF sensor. The MAF sensor is heated to about 1900 degrees F and the oil is baked on to the sensor. This is what sets the code.

K&N makes their own MAF sensors. I wonder why?? :)